Welcome back to my blog my sweet greeny apples
So today, I’m going to be giving you guys 2 amazing fast secret recipes for skin breakouts. I have been following Huda Beauth for a long time and I’m really impressed with her beauty line and also her openness about her skin journey.
Recently she launched her wishful skin beauty line and also a page where she shares diy masks that has helped her in gaining her skin confidence back. A lot of her followers that have similar skin problems used her secret skin routine and I love the amazing results and testimonies.
You can check out @wishfulskin on instagram to get more info on her skincare routines. Now, let dive straight into this mask creations.
She shared this masks recipes and I picked two that has been working out for a lot of her followers.
THE PINEAPPLE MASK
I have heard about the pineapple mask before but due to the fact that I get all itchy even eating pineapple, I decided to stay away from this one.
Even on her page, she gave a note that a patch test should be carried out first each time you want to do a skincare routine on your own which is very important. Below, I will add how to do a patch test to avoid reaction or triggers allergy.
What you need:
- About 4-5 small slices of already peeled pineapple
- And honey
- mixed all the ingredients together to form a paste. Firstly, blend the pineapple to paste like form, and pour into a clean bowl, add the dry oat and mixed thoroughly and finally added the honey and mixed all together,
- Apply on the face and avoid the sensitive part of your eyes which is the eyelid area,
- Leave on for 2-3minutes,
- Rinse your face with warm water.
THE PAPAYA MASK
What you need:
- Soft peeled papaya
- Mashed the potato in a clean bowl till it forms a paste,
- Add the honey and mixed together thoroughly,
- Put this mixture on a face towel, face wipe or clean bandages and place on your face to make it look like a peel off mask,
- Leave for 10 minutes,
- Then wash off with cold water.
How to do a patch test by Chagrin Valley Soap
Patch testing is a way to test skin care product or a new skin care ingredient to see if it will work for your skin.
- Be sure the area of skin on which you will be performing the test is washed, dry and clean.
- Apply a small amount of item you are testing* on the upper part of your inner arm (at the crook of the elbow).
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Choose a time of day where you can leave the patch test in place for least 24 hours without getting it wet.
- If you are sensitive to any of the ingredients, a reaction such as reddening, burning, itching, or other irritation, should occur within twenty-four hours of application.
- If you feel any irritation or reaction, remove the bandage immediately and wash area with soap and water.
- If you don’t see or feel any reaction, the preparation is probably safe to use.
Thanks for reading
Featured image: pinterest
Follow me on Instagram:@olori_labakesblog
Follow me on pinterest: olori labakesblog