Hello my beautiful greeny apples,
Today makes it 2 years that i started this blog and i can’t believe how much growth i have made within these two years.
Firstly, I thank Almighty God for giving me grace and opportunity called Life. It’s a great privilege to see each new day and also make something you love out of it.
Secondly, i want to say a very big thank you to everyone that has supported me from day 1. I know anytime i published a post, there are some of you that just don’t miss reading, commenting and liking. I’m so grateful and can’t thank you all enough.
I don’t think there is anything that doesn’t have it’s own challenge. One of the most challenging things i encounter at the beginning of my blogging journey was getting to build this blog to something i could be proud of. Another thing is now being a mother. It has it’s spec and also disadvantages but in all, I’m happy that i was able to handle all challenges in my own way.
Yes, i made a whole lot of mistakes and I still do but at least i can detect immediately and make corrections.
Some of the mistakes i made are;
- Comparing my blog to other blogs that has been on this journey for years
- Too much at a time (wanting to write all odeas at once). I was writing without a clear strategy and a target audience
- I was afraid to invest money to get what i wanted
- I paid no attention to SEO
- I wasn’t using social media the right well
- I ignored the importance of Pinterest
- And so many other mistakes that I’m glad, i made corrections.
- Spending more time to write my articles before publishing
- Engaging with my audience
- Social media sharing
- Pinterest is good for your blog
- Paying attention to keywords, search and SEO in general
- I’m so happy with my stats. Yes, I’m not where i would love to be with but I’m not where i ised3to be
- I’m no longer worried that only new posts can bring in engagements.
- I have improved in writing, titles, audience engagement and of course, my blogging knowledge generally
- I recently just upgraded my blog to premium plan and it is not as bad as many bloggers have said. Yes there are limitations but now i have knowledge on what it is like to be upgraded.
WHAT I’VE LEARNT IN 2 YEARS OF BLOGGING
- Blogging is fun
- Blogging can be a career
- There is nothing you can’t blog about
- No rules in blogging just guidelines to achieving the best blog
- Anyone can blog
- WordPress is awesome.
Thank you everyone for 2 years 😊😍😍