Hello my apples!!
It’s another Monday morning and one of the busiest day of the week and mostly tagged a boring serious day. As you go about doing your thing and making the dreams come true, i’ll like to share a skin care routine that will keep the face looking fresh despite the busy activities.
There are zillions of skincare routine out there and i’m sure you have one that is working for you. If you don’t have any, please feel free to try this. This post will be a little long because when it comes to our skin especially the face, we have to be careful.
let’s get right into it…
Note: I’m dark skinned and i usually preferred the word black skinned ‘smiling’ but i guarantee you that most of my products include natural ingredients and suitable for all skin color to glow.
For my general skin care routine products|ingredients ‘morning and night’
- egg white
- rose water | witch hazel toner
- coconut oil |olive oil
- clean and clear morning burst|deep action oil free wash
- black mask
- alcohol free facial wipes
- clean and clear blackhead 2 in 1 wash and mask
- lemon juice
- aloe vera gel
Don’t worry my apples, i don’t apply all these at once. i’ll write down step by step application and which is suitable and not for all skin types.
since i’m in college, i usually don’t do much in the morning. I keep it simple everyday and i don’t like clogging up my skin with too many products.
- first i apply my coconut or olive oil as my makeup or dirt remover and that’s because my pores are closed. No products like cleanser or wash on my skin yet. If you have a super oily skin, please skip this step and straight down to step 2. Alternatively for oily skin, pour an apple cider vinger in a spray bottle and dilute with water, sprinkle this on your face or aloe vera gel. (i will write a post on this soon)
- secondly, i wash my face 2x with the clean and clear morning burst or deep action wash. Towel dry my face gently not completely dry.
- then thirdly, I apply my clean and clear 2 in 1 wash and mask, leave for 5 minutes and wash off with warm water and repeat step 2 but one this time.
- most times i skip step 3.
- there you have it and i always have my tea tree facial wipes with me always.
- If i feel like masking check out mask two for night routine. It’s a great mask for morning and night…
following step 1 and 2 in morning routine that i listed above. follow by this Amazing homemade mask for glowing skin.
Cinnamon and Honey mask
- I apply cinnamon and honey scrub as mask. You’ll need three tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of true cinnamon to make this mask. Simply mix together the two ingredients, microwave for 30 seconds, make sure it’s not too hot, and then paint the mixture on your face. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse off and pat your face dry with a clean towel. This mask is good for Acne and blemish treatment.
Egg white and Milk mask
another mask i love so much and do like four times in a month is the egg white and milk mask. I don’t like the smell of egg but it does a great job on my skin.
- Separate the whites from the yolk and beat it well with a fork (it will end up looking like foam). Add milk (fresh)
- Apply it on your freshly cleansed skin and leave it to work for 15 minutes.
- When you feel your skin tightening up, gently remove the mask, with a cloth soaked in warm water.
- apply your moisturizer (mine is coconut oil when pores are closed) I usually close my pores by splashing cold water gently on my face.
- Benefit of this mask is for brighter skin…
Another mask i love is the lemon and honey.
Lemon and Honey mask for glowing skin
- ½ Organic Lemon
1 tbsp. Organic Raw Honey
- Mix one tablespoon of organic raw honey and half a squeezed lemon in to a bowl and apply all over your face, avoiding the eye area because it is sensitive.
- let it stay for 15-30 minutes (depending on how sensitive your skin is).
- Wash away with warm water, finishing with one splash of cold water to close your pores. Pat gently with a towel to dry.
- follow up with your favorite moisturizer or oil.
‘sensitive skin should be careful with this because of lemon’
Some times, i just use my black mask…
Egg yolk mask you will find helpful by HOMEMADE MASK
- for normal skin – egg yolk + the juice from a grated carrot or even just grated carrot + a bit of milk
- for dry skin – egg yolk + 1/2 mashed avocado
- for oily skin (it also suits acne skin) – egg yolk + 1 TSP lemon juice + 1 TSP honey
- for sensitive skin – egg yolk + plain organic yogurt (you can also add some honey if you want)
Drink enough water to get them toxins out of your system ☺
So my Apples, i don’t know if you will find this helpful and if you do please leave a comment below and also additions or more suggestions on skin are routine for all skin types.